Join the Harmony: Blair Road United Methodist Church is Hiring!
Are you a musical maestro with a heart for worship and a passion for the keys? Blair Road United Methodist Church (BRUMC) in Mint Hill is on the lookout for a Pianist and/or Organist to join our vibrant team and help us make joyful noise unto the Lord!
Position: Pianist and/or Organist
Ministry Area/Department: Music
Accountable To: Senior Pastor
Ministry Target: Choirs and Congregation
Position Type: Part-time salaried (15 hours per week)
Spiritual Gifts: Faithful • Service • Music
Talents or Abilities Desired:
- Experience and ability to play hymns, anthems, and other special music on the piano and/or organ
- Good organizational, team-building, leadership, and teaching skills
- Neat appearance
- Dependable • Consistent • Good character • Honest • Creative
- Exalting God and leading others into an atmosphere of worship through the gift of music
- Doing ministry/preparing for ministry: 15 hours per week; more during special services, events, and/or liturgical seasons
- Participating in meetings/training: All Staff meetings, Worship Committee meetings, Safe Sanctuary training
- Be fully devoted to God and the Church with a servant-minister’s heart and a passion for BRUMC’s growth through heartfelt worship leadership.
- Show concern for the spiritual welfare of worship leaders through leadership, presence, guidance, and prayer.
- Accept direct supervision from the Pastor or other designee.
- Work collaboratively with other BRUMC staff members to implement the church’s mission and address conflicts professionally and Biblically.
- Actively participate in all staff meetings and Worship Committee meetings.
- Play piano and/or organ during regularly scheduled worship services.
- Play for special services, such as revivals, concerts, seasonal worship services, and programs.
- Play for choir practice as scheduled.
- Play for weddings and funerals at BRUMC when requested.
- Assist with children’s bell and choral choirs.
- Rehearse music in preparation for choir practice, regular worship services, and special services.
- Secure a substitute pianist and/or organist as needed.
- Adhere to all policies and procedures outlined in the BRUMC Employee handbook.
- Assist with choir direction in case of the choir director’s absence.
- Other job-related duties as assigned by the Pastor or other assignee.
Join us in creating harmonious moments and making a joyful noise in celebration of God's grace!